Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Much Anticipated.....

Micah is here!! I went into labor between midnight and 1 am and we got to meet our son at 5:45 this morning!! Labor went as smoothly as we ever could have asked, and by God's grace there were no drugs or emergency interventions needed! He is 7 pounds, 2 ounces and 19 inches long. He has a full head of dark hair (with sideburns, of course) and as of birth had dark blue eyes (they can change any time during the next 9 months though, so I am not holding my breath :)

For those of you who enjoyed the every day is a holiday portion of recent posts, you'll be happy to know that today is the ONLY day in July that doesn't have a weird holiday. That's right folks, my son wanted his own day and he waited until after midnight to make sure he got it :) I am declaring it National Burrito Day since Micah looked decidedly burrito-ish when wrapped in two receiving blankets at once and laid on my chest. :)




post signature

10 comments:

Jana said...

I sort of can't believe you are blogging already. You sound so chill. Like...no biggie..I just went through childbirth. It ain't no thing.

The fans are wanting pictures!

Erin said...

I was thinking the same thing... you're already blogging?

Congratulations, that is so exciting!

Tabaitha said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear that everything went smoothly and Micah is doing well. Can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

wow. you make it sound down right easy. congratulations on the little burrito! i can't wait to see pictures! And, just in case you need some nice tidbits about his birthday, he happened to be born on the day that margarine was patented - 139 years after the fact. :)

Sarah D said...

Congrats, Abby! :)

Jen Lewis said...

Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to meet him!!!

Laurie said...

I think it should be National Micah Day. :)

The Whinery Family said...

Congrats Abby! What an exciting time :)

The Whinery Family said...

ps - I love your blog :)

Liz said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YAY!! And I agree with Jana... did you pack your laptop in your overnight bag for the hospital???