Monday, June 19, 2006

She Thinks my Tractor's sexy.. and other random thoughts.

So I drove to Dallas this weekend to hang out with some old friends (Some from preschool, some from college :) I had a GREAT time! It is very weird to go somewhere and feel almost more at home than you do where you live. When you combine the city I grew up in with people I grew up with and then throw in a few people who were my closest friends in college then it is hard not to be comfortable. (Having said that, I love Houston and have no intention of going back to Dallas... although it is very shiny :)



As I drove into town, I realized something.... do you know that song "She thinks my tractor's sexy"? I have always liked this song and thought it was funny and frankly weird if you stopped to think about it. Then as I drove into Dallas I had a thought, Central Expressway is one sexy highway. No seriously, the segment from downtown to the High 5 is seriously attractive.... to me :) I guess I have a little more understanding for the girl who has a tractor thing as I have a highway/ interchange/ bridge thing.. in fact if you throw in my fascination with concrete, mine is probably more weird.

Anyways.... thoughts from today~

1) It takes some seriously scary rain for Houstonians to voluntarily drive 20 mph up I-45.... even at 20, you could still see almost nothing... pretty fun way to start the morning.

2) I think I realized why professional women would want to wear panty hose...... It is perfectly acceptable now to not wear panty hose even in the office, but as I walked in today in a skirt I realized that panty hose would have been a nice little barrier between my legs and the over-active air conditioning system in my building. Why are offices ALWAYS so cold?!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Central IS beautiful now... especially to those of us old enough to have driven on it when it had 2 skinny lanes both ways full of heart pounding driving fun with random brake checks thrown in. That was the first highway Moose and I took the church bus on after he got his CDL. I can still muster some anxiety just thinking about the bus packed with my kids and all my friend's kids...

Ta Mere

Anonymous said...

so you'll drink more coffee... oh wait, that's starbucks...

Jeanine said...

Central is sexy. Dallas is sexy. Ah, I miss Dallas...

Yeah, I love bridges and tractors and old buildings...my grandfather was a farmer and owned a construction company and my dad is in construction.