Thursday, June 22, 2006

You know you get up too early when....

So, I woke up this morning and I was tired but I forced myself out of bed, did my hair, got dressed, went through my whole wake up routine... I went to go unplug my phone to take it with me when I noticed the alarm was still on. Interesting, because that is how I wake up and I could have sworn it was how I woke up today. So I look at the time on my phone and see that it says 12:55. Uhhhhhhh, what? I check my watch which is already on my perfumed arm and I look at my nightstand and yeah, it is definitely 12:55.

So, I got back into my pajamas and went back to sleep. When I got up at 5:40 I decided once a day is definitely my limit on how many times I fix my hair, so here I sit at work... my hair slightly off.. wondering how I looked at the clock a couple of times before getting up without noticing that it was 12:40 and not 5:40. Now to address the title of this out-of-body post.... You know you get up too early when you accidentally wake up 5 hours early and the only thing that tells you you're up early is the clock (If you look closely, that is :) Yes folks, 5:40 am is just as dark as 12:40 am.... disturbing, isn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to come back to Paris. This time of year it's already starting to show first light around 4:30 (of course in the Fall, Winter, and Spring you would still be stuck checking your clock).

Liz said...

Haha too funny! I think I did the same thing back in high school once... Hope your Friday's going well, see ya at the Star Wars marathon tomorrow (how often do you get to say those words??) :)

Anonymous said...

Umm, hopefully not too often :) (I am really excited about it though!... I'm a dork :)