Wednesday, September 27, 2006
A benefit though is that I have gotten less and less girly about it..... Spider 1 was an easy kill, spider 2 was blocking me into the bathroom but I hopped over him, got the raid and sprayed him to death, spider 3 approached me just as I stepped out of the tub so I calmly put a towel on and, you guessed it, got the Raid and sprayed that sucker down. I used to freak out and not want to hop over/ walk near/ get dressed infront of a bug... It seems I have evolved :)
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
And now for the quote of the week (from a few weeks ago :)-
"Now that I'm on drugs, everything's fine again." ~ Mike Santino... haha, not going to give a context on this cause it's funnier this way :)
Friday, September 22, 2006
Now for a great wedding movie quote....
Her Mom- "Look at the picture of that girl... you're much prettier than that girl and she's getting married."
Julia- "What does pretty have to do with getting married?"
Her mom- "Everything.... You have to get married before your hips start to spread and you get facial hair which, by the way, comes from your father's side of the family..."
Julia- "I'm exiting the car now."
-The Wedding Singer
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
"Attention, we have ruptured a major gas line right outside the building. The winds are in our favor right now, but if they shift something could ignite. We will leave it up to you whether or not you leave. If you do leave, do not drive infront of the building."
ummmmmm, and then another announcement...
"Attention, we have ruptured a major gas line right outside the building. The winds are in our favor right now, but if they shift something could ignite. We will leave it up to you whether or not you leave... but there is a lot of gas out there."
Uh yeah, so I left. On my way home I caught a strong smell of gas as I passed the building on the other side of the highway. Kind of a scary thing.
Monday, September 18, 2006
1) Putting on a wedding dress does not a beauty make.... I got my dress this weekend ( yay!) and I put it on and I was disappointed. I suppose the dress did not adequately make up for the lack of concealer on my face, the lack of attention to my hair, and the fact that I didn't sleep as much as I should have. I put it on again last night and was much happier with the results :)
2) Pottery Barn Outlet is quite possibly the best place ever to buy furniture.... I'll have to go back there when Nate and I get a house :)
3) If you drop your car off for service and tell them to call you when it's done, an hour and a half brake job and a 20 minute oil change will take a total of 10 hours (not even kidding). Side note, calling to ask about the progress of the car will do little to speed up this process.
4) Every dress made by White HouseBlack Market is cute and fits me perfectly. AND they have an outlet in San Marcos... I bought my dress for leaving the reception there this weekend :)
5) Pottery Barn now markets paint colors. Through Benjamin Moore, you can find all of the colors used by Pottery Barn in their catalogs. This is GREAT because you get to see that color wall in a real sized room in the catalog and have a better feel for what it will look like in your home. This was info I got from my sister-in-law Amy and I fully intend to use it when Nate and I start painting his place :)
6) My niece has way more of my brother in her than is probably good... sorry Amy :)
7) My niece has two new loves.... shiny things and yanking at your hair and putting it into her mouth.
It was a great weekend including wedding dress fun, outlet shopping, going to the Aggie game and just hanging out with my family. I am so blessed to have them :)
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Woo Hoo!! Evite has returned to me with a vengeance!! Happy Two-post Thursday ya'll :)
On the ribbon, we finally bought some that wasn't as dark as we wanted, but it'll do because we are tired of hunting and it is darker than anything else we've found so far. Our search encompassed Michael's, Hobby Lobby, at least 2 Wal Marts, and multiple JoAnn fabric stores. Our 'acceptable' ribbon was courtesy of Harwin when I went to buy bridesmaid jewelry.
On a happy note, my dress is in!!! I am going to pick it up this weekend when we go to visit my brother and sister-in-law in SA!! Now let's just hope that it fits :P Working is such a bummer when you are about to take a trip.. we're leaving around 4:30 this afternoon for SA and I can't wait!!! Just 9 hours and I can leave work behind for three days :)
***Funny side note- the spell check on "Harwin" suggested I may have meant to type "harem"
Monday, September 11, 2006
Ummmm, ok... that would be the date of my ONLY out of town shower. I hate how they do this. I planned around the retreat last year and two weeks before, they changed the date and I couldn't go. (they also changed the how down date last year among others) Practically the only event they didn't try to change the date on last year was the New Year's Eve party.... that one they just kept going back and forth btwn cancelled and not cancelled until we ended up planning the whole thing with two weeks or so of notice. ARG!! I will not be sorry to leave the disorganization behind.... Now where will I wear my new cowboy hat?
Friday, September 08, 2006
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
I call my apt complex.....
Me-"I just got a call that my alarm is going off... did someone enter my apartment that I was unaware of?"
Bad management- "Oh, the exterminator is scheduled to be in your apartment. You got a notice telling you that."
Me- "No, I didn't. I got one a month ago about the cable guy and two months ago about the fire alarm guy... no exterminator."
Bad management- "Oh"
ARG!! Tell me they are coming and I will turn off the stinkin alarm!!!
Friday, September 01, 2006
Top 5 Sparkle Spots - Houston, TX
1) First Baptist Lobby ~ 610 and I-10...whoa baby
2) Crate and Barrel ~ Highland Village (second floor is better than first :)
3) Elevator in my office building ~ 2 Northpoint Dr... go to the second elevator on the left, it's the only one with sparkle power (I have no idea why, but the others don't... I've checked)
4) Church Sanctuary ~ This one has worked for 100% of sanctuaries I've tried it in... it even works in Dallas
5) Most Bathrooms ~ don't knock it til you've tried it... the type of lighting + mirrors tends to make a big difference.
This has nothing to do with the above, but my niece has discovered mirrors