Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I, Abby, being of sound mind.....

So, I'm at work reading a design manual section on metal beam guard fences (my life IS that exciting, I know you can't believe it :) and the first paragraph is as follows~

"The objectives of this appendix are to make available data and guidelines for the use of roadside traffic barriers (typically metal beam guard fence) in a consolidated and understandable form. These guidelines should be supplemented by sound engineering judgment."

I don't know how sound my engineering judgement is, but I'll give it a shot :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you can thank the legal profession for those convicting words in your design manual. No one can afford to go on record saying "these are standards" or "do it this way" for fear that their heirs will be sued for centuries to come. This is why the "Pirates' Code" is "really more like guidelines".

Have a great day and be sure to exercise sound engineering judgment.