Monday, July 24, 2006

Will You Marry Me.....


Last Friday I took a half day and I rushed home to get ready to go to San Antonio with Nate to visit Ben and Amy. The things is, when I got home Nate was already inside my apartment..... with a ring :) Long story short, Nate and I are engaged!!

I was getting some grief for not posting something about this earlier, so here it is :) We are looking to get married on December 30 (Nate's 28th birthday) somewhere in the general Houston area.

Now, some thoughts from this weekend~

-God is so amazing! His timing is perfect and his knowledge of what we need is beyond our comprehension. I never dreamed that he would bring such a godly, caring, and perfect (for me :) guy into my life.

-Friends are such a blessing! The excitement I got as I made phone calls was so encouraging! Then when we got back, there was a large LH group waiting in Nate's apartment to surprise us and celebrate this time in our lives. That meant so much to me to have them there. God has truly blessed me by bringing so many amazing people into my life over the past year. I believe that young singles have the capacity to have such an amazing impact for the kingdom, and the caliber of people in LH convice me of this constantly.

-Glory, it's what it's all about. Glory, God's... NOT mine.


Well, I'm sure planning a wedding will provide some amazing material for future blogs..... get excited :)

7 comments:

erin vanv said...

I heard the rumor last night from Beth... congrats :)

Jen said...

Abby, I so wanted to be there yesterday, but Matt wouldn't let me out of leadership meeting or class! ;) Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL picture of the ring ... WOW!!! :)

Sarah said...

Abby, I haven't been blessed enough to meet you yet, but I've heard about you through Scott and Nate when Nate was one of our groomsmen in April. Marriage is such an amazing gift, and I'm so excited for yall!! :) I agree with anonymous -- your ring IS beautiful!

Anonymous said...

oh i can't wait for the wedding planning blogs!! :)

leslie said...

yay!! people making it out of lighthouse...yay! :-)

kelly said...

Congratulations!!! I'm sooo excited for you two ;).