Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lizzie's Party Favors

Having kids has been a fantastic opportunity for me to be creative and try a broader range of crafts. Their parties are perhaps my absolute favorite things to craft for. For Lizzie's party, I made several heart garlands, a banner, a "1" centerpiece and mounted the 1 month-12 month pictures of Liz. (Check out yesterday's post to see pics!) But what I REALLY loved were her favors. I made.....

Ladybug bean bags~

Homemade ladybug shaped crayons~



and ladybug hair clips for the girls~

They all went into these mini hobo sacks that I made and sort of fell in love with. I have some of this (and the lining) fabric left over and I can't wait to use it again!

Signature

6 comments:

Mrs. Klink said...

everything is so cute. i'm really impressed, abby! out of curiosity- how did you make the crayons?

Anonymous said...

Everything was so cute...I don't know how you had time to do it all You did a great job, and it was a fun party:)
Gran

czstout said...

I've wanted to try the crayons before...was it as easy as it looks on the tutorials??

Kelli said...

Great job! We need a sewing craft night!

Abby said...

Thanks everyone! The crayons are super easy.. I used an empty Rotel can to make a disposable double boiler, melted the crayons down and poured the wax into a chocolate mold. Pop it in the fridge for a few minutes and the crayons set and slide right out of the mold :)

Kelli- I'm totally up for that!

annalee said...

wow, i love each and every detail!!! good job.