Monday, May 16, 2011

Baby Steps

Lizzie is many things, but I have to say that average is DEFINITELY not one of them! For several months now I have been anticipating being able to write on here that my baby girl was walking. I mean, we're talking about a girl that went from zero to crawling at 5 1/2 months. I expected her to walk early... but then that ship sailed :) So now for the past 2 months or so she has been taking lots and lots of steps with perfect balance..... but she never got to the point where I'd consider her an official walker.

Well, I'm officially calling it... She's a walker. Well, sorta :) She is capable of being a full time walker, but prefers to practice by herself..... no, seriously. I'm 100% sure this comes from me, but she seems to not want anyone to see her mess up. You'll turn the corner and quietly watch her walk across an entire room, but as soon as she knows you're there, she'll drop down to a crawl. Her pediatrician got a kick out of that.... must be his first ultra-perfectionistic 1 year old :)

Signature

2 comments:

dad said...

No doubt about it, Lizzie is unique.

Anonymous said...

May as well be a perfectionist:)
Gran