Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer is Here!

Oh wait, did I throw an exclamation point in there? I take it back :P As a child, summer stood for freedom, fun, swimming, camp and NO SCHOOL. Now it stands for crowded stores during the week, teenage drivers 24/7, no bible study, no MOPS and worst of all NO SCHOOL!

I'm not gonna lie, I about cried last week when I picked up Micah from his last day of preschool. I wish I could say it was because I loved his teachers (which I do), or because he was learning so much (which he was), or because he loved it (which he did), but honestly I was most emotional about losing my running-errands-with-only-one-kid day.

Is that so bad? To want to have one day a week when my ability to get something done is dependent on the unpredictable good will of only one child instead of two? This question is rhetorical, of course, because anyone who answers yes either doesn't have children, has perfectly behaved children (this is a myth, by the way), or never had two kids as close in age as mine.... just sayin' :)

So I take this opportunity to say a tearful goodbye to all of the lovely people who made this year of errand running, meeting family for lunch and reprieves from sibling conflict possible. You rock.

Signature

No comments: