Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy 4th of July (and handmade dresses!)

Happy 4th of July, y'all!


So, last year I found this 4th of July fabric on clearance and I decided to buy some to make Lizzie a dress for this year. I didn't yet know if the baby I was cooking was a boy or a girl so I only bought 1 yard...... ever wish you could go back in time? I knew it would be a stretch, but I managed to get dresses for both girls along with the exact amount of bias tape I needed to finish them out of the one yard. My bias tape has 3,000 seams because I was stringing together scraps, but I did it....


I love them. The girls and the dresses.... in that order.


Don't you love the funny faces babies and toddlers make? I had a great assortment of just plain weird pictures to choose from... see above... and below :)


Awwwww, sweet kisses for baby Jane.


Lizzie has adopted a stank face that is the first thing she pulls out when you ask her to say cheese... even when she's happy.


I kinda love it. Although this one is cuter~


The back of the dress (Janie's has the same button detail)~


Finally, a pic where you can see the butterfly sleeves!


Jane loves her patriotic look too. Happy 4th guys!

Signature

1 comment:

Jana said...

Those dresses are adorable!