Monday, August 16, 2010

Not Me Mondays

*Concept borrowed from Annalee :)*

I definitely did not take my incredibly grumpy 2 year old to Dallas this weekend. Nope, not me.
I certainly didn't try to take him around to spend time with a whole bunch of my friends that live there while he was in a bad mood.
I would never continue to try to have a conversation with those friends while my child screamed bloody murder.
I definitely would NOT continue my efforts for 40 minutes while he continued his yelling.
When he reached a fever pitch, I certainly would not have (somewhat seriously) suggested that we put him in the backyard and close the door... nope, not me.

After leaving the friend's house I would never take Nate up on his offer to bring the kiddo back to the hotel so that I could have a lunch with another friend and my better behaved child.
No matter what happened, I would never take that same child out that same day to visit more people.... nope, not me.
When the child throws another fit back at the hotel, I would NEVER let him have a dinner of cake and Reese's Pieces just because it finally makes him somewhat happy.

When that child begins to scream on the ride back to Houston, I definitely would not cover my ears and pretend like I couldn't hear him.
I certainly wouldn't be focusing all my effort on not either crying or ripping out my hair.
When we get home, I wouldn't give him Motrin just to see if maybe he might be happy.
When it works, I would never start planning his next dose for first thing tomorrow morning.

I will be speed dialing the doctor's office at 8:30 am tomorrow to try to get an appointment.. that I will do.

Signature

1 comment:

dad said...

Not sure what's eating Micah Bean, but I think something's causing him pain.