Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Loud and Clear

Some people have the mistaken perception that just because babies can't speak coherently that they are unable to communicate... So wrong. Many babies use sounds, gestures and facial expressions to convey their thoughts and opinions. Lizzie has.... Ummmm, different tactics.

For example- I opened an invitation recently for a friend's son's 1st birthday party and Lizzie told me she wanted to attend... By eating the invite. Strange perhaps, but I understood her loud and clear. (Luckily she did not consume the section of the invite containing the date and time of the party. For those concerned about my parenting skills, I was sitting there the whole time and it just took me several seconds to wrestle it out of her mouth :P )

When it came time to get a present for our little buddy, I jumped on the Amazon ap (cause that's how I roll) on my phone and began to peruse my options. I was looking at a potential present when Lizzie smacked my screen and ordered it. Ahhhh yes, one touch ordering... Gotta love it. So anyway, apparently I am raising a girl who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to eat it ;-)

Signature

5 comments:

dad said...

Might want to keep the phone out of reach in the future.

Nate said...

That's what I'm saying Mark...or turn off 1 touch ordering!

Diana said...

I was just thinking the same thing...she may run up quite a bill telling you what she wants for Christmas!

Amy said...

I was already smiling after reading she "ate the invite", but when I got to the part where she order's the gift... HILARIOUS!

Hope she made a good choice!

annalee said...

i like lizzie's words!