Monday, November 01, 2010

The Monster Mash

In the past week, I have walked 12.5 miles and finished my first ever 10K!! For those not familiar with the conversion, a 10K is 6.2 miles. Going into the race, I just hoped to be able to maintain the pace I had from my five mile walk the previous Saturday, a 14:35 minute mile. Well, I think the race helped me step up my game a bit..... to a 12:45 minute mile :) And that was still walking way more than running. The best part? I felt fine the whole time! I'm so excited for the half marathon now!


Signature

4 comments:

Diana said...

Way to go, Abby!

Ben said...

That really is great! I'm glad you're all in for the half now. It will be really fun to have everyone doing it!

dad said...

And I'm excited for you as well.

Kelli said...

Great job!