Thursday, January 27, 2011

Potty Training

Is there anything cuter than little boys briefs? I'll answer for you.. NO!! Especially when they stay dry for hours and hours :) We started potty training Micah last Saturday and I have to admit, I was NOT optimistic. BUT, he's doing great! We are using pull-ups for naps and diapers at night... he's nowhere close to night-time potty training... but during the day it's all underwear. His peeing accidents are getting fewer and farther between (up to a full 24 hours without even a half accident) and he has had 1 #2 accident and then went #2 on the potty once! I am staying cautiously optimistic that this may not be nearly as bad as I had expected.... I do feel like I am jinxing myself by writing that :P

So here is a fun story that avoids the overshare aspect of the first paragraph --> Micah has heard Nate and I referring to "potty training" a lot recently and he had his own interpretation of the term....

Me- "Micah, do you need to go to the potty?"
Micah- "Yeah, potty!!... Potty training!... Choo choo!!, choo choo! CHOO CHOO!!!"

nice :)

Signature

2 comments:

dad said...

Always nice to be reminded that children often here things through a different reference filter. Very cute.

Amy said...

Wow! Sounds like he's doing great! And it's great that your spirits are high - in my opinion, that's half the battle.