Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Lizzie's Big Girl Room

So, I have a bit of a thing for the owl trend that's been going on for a couple of years but it always felt a bit juvenile to use in the main part of the house. I decided that Lizzie's big girl room would be a woodland theme so that I could indulge my love of all things owl and bird :) For Micah's room, my big statement wall was the giant baseball and I wanted to do a big statement item for Lizzie's room too. So first I painted a tree~ And then I used a cornstarch and water mixture to add leaves to the tree and I have to say... I love it!!

Three of the fabrics I used for the leaves are also in the quilt that Nate's grandma made for Lizzie (there will be a post on that later :)



I can't wait to start sewing pillows for her bed, making wall art and adding some fabric birds and owls to the wall and tree.... I'm so happy with how this came out!!


Signature

7 comments:

Dad said...

Looks great Abby!

Nate said...

It really is great! Amazing job babe!

Diana said...

Great job! Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

You are multi-talented...and I agree that it looks great:) I am anxious to see it in person!
Gran

Andrea said...

I love it! Two of the fabric patterns are the same as in Dayton's room, just in different colors. The painted tree trunk and branches look great!

Laura Moore said...

That's the coolest thing! You are going to have to show me how to do that one day!

Jill G. said...

Looks great, Abby. Have you seen the owl bedroom stuff at Pottery Barn Kids? It's ADORABLE. I would totally use it if I had a girl!