Thursday, July 30, 2009

Micah's Big Boy Room

When we moved into this house, I was VERY pregnant. My mom painted the nursery for me and she and Nate put in looooooong hours painting the kitchen cabinets. Weeeeelllll, I've had some residual guilt from not being able to pitch in and I wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. Thus, I started on Micah's new room WAY early. I wanted to get it painted before I got pregnant..... all this explanation translates to "Please don't make fun of me for doing this so early!!"

Anyways, I told Micah that we were going to go upstairs to photograph his new room and this was his response~


And here it is! All I have done is the paint job for this (hopefully) super fun baseball room. The quilt is being made, the rug is being shipped and I am constantly brainstorming for wall art and other things I can add (cheaply :)~

I need to go buy the curtains and add some stitching to them... I can't wait to post a finished room picture! Expect that sometime next spring ;-)


post signature

4 comments:

Kelli said...

IT"S PERFECT!! I love it! Micah is going to love that room!

Ben said...

The room looks super cool. In terms of fairly cheap wall art, you can troll ebay and get old beat-up pennants for $5-$15 a piece. I should warn you though that I will not come to your house anymore if you get a Yankees pennant.

Amy said...

Fantastic! It looks even better than I pictured!

Abby said...

thanks guys! Ben, I've been looking at Astros pennants... thanks for the tip! Oh, and WHY would I EVER buy a Yankees pennant??? Yuck