Thursday, July 28, 2011

Interesting.....

So, as much as it pains me to admit it, I am the teeniest bit superstitious. Not hard core, but just the occasional occurance. Anyhoo, I recently joined a forum with all women who are also due in January 2012 and it is INSANE how many of them already know what they are having!! I am waiting until 20 weeks, so I still have a month to go.. Blah!!!! Even though it has only predicted one of my pregnancies correctly in the past, I still thought I'd go ahead and see what the Chinese gender prediction chart thought I was having. It's a fairly quick thing to do except the website I went to this time had something I'd never seen before...

Instructions on how to use the chart.

Hmmm, I mean it's just your age cross referenced with the month you conceived, are instructions really needed for that? I clicked on them and found out that they were. Hmmmm, turns out it's your Chinese lunar age cross referenced with the Chinese lunar month you conceived. Turns out that the Chinese consider me a year older than I am and they don't divide their months like we do.... Also turns out that the chart was right with both my previous pregnancies... Did I mention that I can be superstitious? Even when I know intellectually that a gender prediction chart is ridiculous, I can't help but check it and wonder if maybe it will be right a third time. (the odds are 50/50 anyway, but I still can't help it) So anyhoo, just thought I'd let you know that the Chinese moon people believe I'm having a girl. So there you go :)

Signature

6 comments:

Sarah said...

The Chinese gender chart predicted our boy correctly!

dad said...

There's certainly a reasonable thcnce that it's right.

Anonymous said...

I think so, too, but I don't have any reason:)
Gran

Mom said...

I took the quiz retroactively and it had a 66% success rate seeing as I'm just positive you are a girl and not a boy.

Jana said...

"I'm not superstitious, but, I'm a little stitious." - Michael Scott

I never looked at the calendar thing. Maybe I should look now to see if it is correct.

Abby said...

Nice quote Jana.... Nice :)