Thursday, July 14, 2011

Long Time Coming

A good friend of mine has 3 great little girls (of whom Micah is a major fan). She is preggers with #4 and we were all thrilled to find out that it is a BOY! Woo hoo! My mom and I decided to throw her a shower to help her go blue (couldn't have the poor kid running around in pink all the time, now could we?) and it was a lot of fun.... I just wish I had pics of all the cute things at the shower :P Anyhoo, She is doing the nursery in a cowboy theme so I decided to put my sewing skills (such as they are) to use in making her gift. I made a bib~


A lovie blanket~



And a beach/bath robe~



The robe was from a pattern I purchased at MADE. If you like to craft (especially sew) then Dana's blog, MADE, is AWESOME. She gives tons of free tutorials and patterns and some that she sells as well. Anyhoo, I'm really happy with how everything turned out and I can't wait to meet the little buckaroo!


Signature

4 comments:

Katie said...

I like just looking at Dana's blog. I love the fabric choice.

Jenny said...

Excited for Larissa's little buckaroo too! Cute projects! But I must say, I've never heard of a 'lovie blanket'. Is this another Mom Saavy term that I need to be familiar with like a bumbo? ;)

Anonymous said...

I think you're very talented...and a good friend:)
Gran

C-Ray said...

They look so amazing! Your sewing skills are quite impressive! And Jenny, a lovie is a small blanket that usually has minky (a really soft, fuzzy material) on one side and satin on the other.