Thursday, February 16, 2012

Funny Valentine

I loved the idea of doing something non-candy for Micah's valentines this year. I have absolutely nothing against candy (I quite enjoy procuring my cut from my kid's Halloween bags, valentine's haul and even the Easter basket that comes home from the school egg hunt. I'm going to be bummed when they are old enough to eat it all themselves) but at this age they are getting plenty so I thought I'd do crayons instead....



I LOVE THEM!!! Sixteen completely unique crayons for Micah's classmates. I wish I'd had time to pick my faves for photographing, but I grabbed the top two 3 minutes before it was time to go to school....



I found the idea for these Valentines on a craft blog that I follow and I used this crayon tutorial from Pinterest along with this printable.


Micah signed the back of each one with some help from mama (he can draw lines and a circle and spell his name, but he's not quite to writing letters yet :)~




He was so excited and proud of them.... I'm glad I took the time to make them this fall, otherwise there is no way they would have happened!






Signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are so cute, and Micah loos very pleased! As usual you were clever!
Gran