Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Ray's Diaper Bag Makeover

In honor of baby Lee coming in December, I decided to upgrade this great bag into a diaper bag for my sister-in-law~


I found this bag and I knew instantly that I had to have it :) It unzips in the middle and extends to make it larger.... PERFECT for a diaper bag! When it is unzipped, it has plenty of room to be a pool bag or even an overnight bag. Only one problem, it had no pockets for bottles.... which, let's face it, is the main difference that makes a bag a diaper bag. Well, that and adding $30 to the price :) So anyhoo, I decided to sew a panel with bottle pockets and voila! Diaper bag!


I also added straps that you can fasten around pacifiers so you always know where they are in the bag. Those little suckers are always impossible to find and usually the need to find them is fairly desperate :) I'm happy with how it turned out and I hope it works well for Rayanna, Todd and baby Lee!

Signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great...once again you've risen to the challenge!
Gran

Unknown said...

impressive sewing skillz as always!!