Thursday, January 17, 2013

Merry Preschool Christmas

Can I confess something? I love school parties. I loved them as a kid and I love attending them now as a parent. I somehow think this comes from the same gene that makes me enamored with gift shops.. but I can't be totally sure about that. Anyways, Micah's party was up first in the day and he was kind enough to give me a big chicken nugget smile~


And, of course, pose with Weston...


And, wait for it........ a good picture of me and one of my kids! Hallelujah....there is hope!


Micah's party was at lunchtime and Lizzie's followed that afternoon. Now, here's the thing with the 2 yr old parties... they throw them at 2 pm instead of midday because kids that age won't normally be ok with Mommy coming in for half an hour and then leaving them again. It's smart, but it also means that nap time gets cut short. I never remember that being an issue with Micah's class at that age, but Lizzie is in a class of big sleepers. It was kind of hilarious because when we got there all the kids were dazed and still in a nap hangover. NOBODY could get them to smile...


So we administered sugar and waited....


And waited...


HA! I got one...


But at the sound of my triumphant cry, she went back to this...


Oh well, I got one and that was better than mos the parents did! I even got Lizzie to hold up the ornaments I hand sewed for all the kids as party favors...


I also made the drawstring bags they came in (you can see the bag in the bottom of a lot of the pictures). Basically I'm nuts and I may have a problem with volunteering too much... maybe. But the parties were great and the kids had a good time!

Signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the mother had a good time, too:)
Gran