Friday, December 01, 2006

Evite- The Wave of the Present

Soooo, people don't RSVP. I have always been an RSVP person but apparently a lot of people aren't. I was getting frustrated with the low numbers of people RSVPing (1-2 a day) for the wedding because I knew that we have to get a final number to the caterer in two weeks and we have to pay more per person if we go over the number we give them.

I know alot of people mean to RSVP and would have eventually, but we are working on a schedule and I would hate to get down to the day before and realize I had to contact 50 people to find out if they are coming. I put my mom in charge of family friends who haven't emailed, Nate's mom is in charge of his home town and relatives, we each took our work friends and I took on HFBC and friends from college. I decided to send out an evite to the last group to try to make it easier on both parties involved. Well, I heard back from 20 out of 39 people in the first day alone! Evite is now this girl's best friend. :)

To give ya'll (Jen Cates) a little update on wedding plans, we meet with the caterer today to choose the final menu (I had no idea that this happened so late in the game) and if we get done early enough then we are going to go to the County Clerk's office and get our marriage license on the way back in town. We chose our vows and message and order or service last night with Don and got to hear stories of things I'd rather not have happen at our wedding, but I wouldn't freak out if they did :) We are about halfway done making the programs and halfway done making the little bundles to throw as we exit. The favors have been done for awhile (praise the Lord!) and I feel like after we finish the programs and bundles we should be somewhat home free on wedding stuff. Although I am taking on a craft project for the rehearsal dinner too... Somebody stop me!

** Side note- you know that just-turned-on-the-heater-for-the-first-time-this-year smell? Well I turned it on last night (28 degrees outside, don't cha know) and the smell set off the smoke detector almost instantaneously..... a nice, heart stopping moment for me :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now how come I got pegged the wedding want to know girl? ;) Glad I text messaged BEFORE the evite, that could have been embarrassing!

Anonymous said...

haha, not meant to be embarassing... just seemed like a good way to get responses with little effort. If they don't respond to the Evite then I hunt them down.... that might get embarassing :)

Anonymous said...

hhmmm, I seem to remember when the red head suggested that Evite be used for weddings, he was laughed at and ridiculed for such a ridiculous idea by every woman in the room. I'll say it again, Evite is the way to go! The heck with the "memory of the invitation", it's all about results!!