Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Early Bird

gets to throw a party. That's how the saying goes..... right?? Well, that's the philosophy I'm living by at the moment :) I am currently planning Lizzie's second birthday party.... which will be in February. (feel free to laugh at me here... it's been the most common response so far) But, as always, there is at least a little bit of method in my madness..... I promise.

Issue#1~ I don't have that much time to work on crafts. I really can only do it when the kids are asleep and I'm not always able to do it then.

Issue #2- The holidays are coming up, which are always insane and come with plenty of crafts themselves, from teacher gifts to Christmas ornaments.

Issue #3- The baby is due so close to the holidays that I'll be lucky if I have time to get all my Christmas decorations put up before it is born. Then after it is born I will have NO TIME or energy to craft for Lizzie's birthday a month later.

See, I told you.... method ;-) But yes, I still admit the madness too. I've already made her cupcake toppers, ordered party supplies off of Etsy, and started the centerpieces for her table. I am mulling over the menu and doing anything else that I can while my brain is still functioning. It makes me feel so much better to be on top of things..... yesterday I bought the supplies to make Micah's valentines for his preschool class..... please don't mock :P

Signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just think you'e amazing:)
Gran

Katie said...

I think you are smart to plan ahead. Planning M's birthday party was crazy and I started a month early.