Tuesday, August 09, 2011

A Seriously Crazy Weekend

Last weekend, Nate and I had planned to leave the kiddos here with my parents and head to Dallas for my high school reunion. God had slightly different plans in mind. My great uncle Bill passed away late last Wednesday and now our babysitters also had a reason to be in Dallas last weekend. With some crazy scrambling around, the whole family found ourselves in Arlington for the viewing on Friday and the funeral on Saturday. My parents drove the kids back here after the funeral and Nate and I drove almost directly to my reunion.

It was kinda hectic. BUT, I am so thankful that I was able to be there for Bill's funeral. He was a wonderful man of God and impacted so many people positively for Christ... he will be missed.

I also had a great time catching up with friends from high school and meeting their spouses :)

There were a couple of out of body experiences from this weekend, including~

- Watching a 9 yr old girl at the hotel breakfast pile her plate to overflowing with AT LEAST 40 strips of bacon. She did this with her father's help, ate it all herself and threw in some biscuits, gravy, cereal and more bacon for good measure.. yikes

- My dad walked into the funeral with a bag (with his camera stuff in it). He put it down next to us and realized he'd left something valuable in the car so he left to go get it. Immediately, an usher from the church approached my mom and asked frantically, "Do you know that man who just left his bag here?" To which she replied, " Yes, he's my husband." Usher (relieved)- "Oh, ok. I thought maybe he had left a bomb or something." Really? A bomb? WOW

Signature

1 comment:

dad said...

Gotta watch out for the old skinny guys.