Tuesday, October 30, 2012

10 Months Old


My baby... my little baby... my LAST baby is 10 months old today... I can't believe it! My sweet girl has really come out of her shell this past month. It seems like you don't really get to know your kid's personality until they are fully mobile, and I have to say that Jane's personality has come as a bit of a shock. She was so sweet and docile as a young baby, so imagine my surprise when it turned out that she is totally nuts!


Ok, so maybe that picture isn't the best representation of her craziness....


And neither was that one :) Oh well. Janie has really developed her standing skills and instead of pulling up now, she prefers to stand up without assistance in the middle of the room. She does it ALL DAY LONG. She stands up, she laughs and feels proud of herself for up to a minute and then sits back down only to pop up to standing almost immediately.


She is pretty fearless and not at all timid like I thought she might be. She climbs, she topples, she gets herself into toy boxes and through it all she stays really happy. She is constantly moving but is also fairly content and can entertain herself for hours if her sibs don't try to manhandle her :)


She loves to pull things out of containers... folded things, organized things, clean things... and scatter them all over the floor. Because of this, I have started to teach her what no means. I will pop her on the hand when she grabs something and tell her firmly, "no". When I did this with Micah, he always went for round two but on the second pop he would get upset with me for thwarting him. With Lizzie no pop was required, just the stern "No" and she would break down in tears and abandon her pursuit. Now Janie had been so compliant that I didn't see her response coming.... I pop her (gently guys, don't go all crazy on me), say no and she looks at me, laughs, and goes for it again immediately. Repeat cycle up to 20 times and she never gets upset. She will eventually get bored and move on, but even on the 12th pop, she'll look at me and laugh like "Mom, that didn't hurt at all!". Oh dear.


Just an aspect of her that I wasn't expecting :) But Janie is super social and tons of fun. She laughs a lot and smiles a lot.... she also eats a lot. She loves pretty much anything we give her to eat which is such a nice phase... I wish her sibs would still do that.


We love you sweet Janie Bear... happy 10 months!


Signature

3 comments:

Fiona said...

She looks and sounds like so much fun this month!!! :) Look at her standing all on her own, wow! It certainly sounds as if she has quite the outgoing and fun personality now that she is really able to show it.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how different each one is?! I think it's funny that she likes to stand up repeatedly. I imagine when she decides to walk she'll just take off:)
Gran

Dad said...

Very cute pictures. I'm going to miss Janie this month.