Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wedding Weirdness - Part 8

I walk into work this Monday and notice a voicemail on my machine. I sit down and call in to check my messages. This is what I hear....

"Hi Abby, this is ___ from Bed Bath and Beyond in Meyerland Plaza. A man just bought something off of your registry and he would like you to come pick it up today. Once again, that is the Meyerland Plaza location.. thank you!"

Ok, a couple things here..... You can make someone go pick up the gift you buy them?? I had NO IDEA!! That is so weird to me, but ok. Second thing, the lady calls at 5:23 on a Sunday and asks that I come today to pick it up.... that gives me a grand total of 37 minutes to get there. Third thing, she called and left a message at my work number.. how likely is it that I will be there to answer on a Sunday? (For the mildly curious reader, you couldn't get from my office to Meyerland in 37 minutes.... even on a Sunday)

Anyhoo, just another oddity of weddings that I had no idea about. I think I'll do this for Christmas... buy things and make my family and friends go pick them up. Should make for some interesting thank you notes at the very least :P It's a weird world my friends, and I'm just getting married in it.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I sooo want to know who the man was that left the gift at the store...