Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Work for the Holidays

There is something so fundamentally wrong about going to work when over half of your friends aren't going. Then you get there and way over half of your coworkers also are not going and your boss sends out in an email to another office that you aren't working on Wednesday either.... wait, so.... nobody else is here, nobody knows I'm here, there isn't much for me to do.....why am I here? Well I really have nothing to blog about, so this will be a Seinfeldian sort of blog.

-I had ice on my windshield yesterday morning.... ICE

-I am the queen of weird medical problems. Yesterday was the second time (for two different things) in a couple months that I heard this from a doctor..." Well, you aren't imagining it, it's definitely there. I have no idea what it is, what is causing it or how to get rid of it. The x-ray/bloodwork didn't show anything bad so I just wouldn't worry about it. Hopefully it will go away on it's own. Anyway, there is definitely something wrong but I wouldn't worry about it... we just don't know what it is (insert big fake doctor smile)"

-I think I have more pet peeves than the entire country of Bolivia. I am working on a peeve-tastic blog entry wherein I record everything that bothers me that shouldn't.

-Confession- I love to make lists. The only thing better than making a list is crossing stuff off of one.

-Confession #2- sometimes when I'm bored at work I get on our payroll system to look at how much PTO I have and calculate how much I will have by the honeymoon (or whatever trip was coming up before that came about). It's always the same result, but it keeps my somewhat sane.

-I treat my TI 89 calculator like a member of the family. The smartest member of the family.

- I think if I could only shop at one store for the rest of my life, that I could survive quite well with a Super Target. The only hitch is that I can never find cute clothes there although everyone else does.

- Pet Peeve #895, When I ask people where they got the cute skirt and they say "Target, just this week" and I KNOW I went to Target this week and I KNOW I looked through every rack because everyone else seems to find fun stuff, and I KNOW I found nothing.

- A can of Raid a fearless bug killer doth make. It's so much easier when you don't have to squish them... or get within 4 feet :)

- A hand that cramps easily is a bad thing to have when you are writing massive amounts of thank you notes.

1 comment:

erin vanv said...

Some thoughts in reply...

- So you make fun of your T-89 and give it mean nicknames?
- I still like to see a dead bug. With the spray, there's always a little lingering doubt... I mean what if this roach scatters away but doesn't die later because it is immune to Raid?

I have no sympathy for the ice. It's currenty 16F with a forecast of a low of -16F this weekend in Calgary.