Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lessons Learned

So, I am a big fan of a show called "Jon and Kate Plus 8" on TLC. It is a reality show about a family with twin girls and sextuplets. That's right.... at one point this couple had 2 six yr olds and 6 two yr olds... yikes!! Now, I've found that watching this show has made me into a better person. Sound ridiculous? Here's what I glean from the show~

- If she can raise 8 that are so close in age, I can definitely do 1 :)

- Thou shalt not treat thy husband like crap. Kate is VERY nit picky in a way that I have a tendency to be (on a smaller scale) and I gotta say; seeing it on tv makes you realize how awful it is to pick apart everything your mate does and how much it tears them down.... no thanks!

- I have no excuse for not being able to keep my house clean. If Kate has time to clean her kitchen floor 4 TIMES A DAY, then I should be able to find the time to tidy up.

- Did I mention that raising 1 compared to what she does looks ridiculously easy?

- Organization is key to not losing it as a mother.... so is having a lot of help :)

- Finally, kids are a blessing.... even when they make you want to bang your head against a wall :P

Anyhoo, on a different note, last night I went to the registration tea for MOPS (Mothers of pre-schoolers) at Kingsland and I am really excited about it starting up! It looks like it is going to be great for meeting other Katy moms and making friends that are available to hang out during the day and have play dates. Yay for MOPS!


post signature

1 comment:

Amy said...

It's funny to read this post right now because at the moment, I have an episode paused (lovin' our new cable and tivo!).

I totally relate to you having a list of what you've learned from the show. I have a hard time being consistent with discipline around here, but seeing the struggle Jon and Kate have with disciplining eight children, makes me thankful that i have the ability (just not always the motivation) to drop everything and administer the discipline needed by my one and only two-year old.

God bless 'em!