Thursday, August 07, 2008

My Son the Sumo

Micah had his weigh-in and.... he did it!! He made it to 8 pounds! I set that lofty goal for him last week and he pulled it off! This means that he gained 12 ounces in 8 days.... well above the 1 ounce a day that the doctor wanted... yay!!! While I have been feeding him this past week, I've been whispering to him about aiming for 8 pounds and blowing the doctor out of the water. He got to 8 pounds EXACTLY and now we get to not have another doctor's appointment (for him) for over 5 weeks.... woo hoo!!

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Micah!!!
Gran

Anonymous said...

To eat a lot is pretty much an Elkins thing. To gain a lot of weight; now that's different. I'm glad for the news.

Amy said...

Way to go Micah AND mommy!

Jana said...

Way to go chubs! (Micah that is). Can't wait to see his little smile.