Monday, November 09, 2009

26 Weeks!

Holy cow! I am in the last week of my second trimester.... unbelievable! Lizzie is going to be here before we know it... it's hard to believe. We moved Micah to a "big boy" carseat today and I still have the infant seat in my car for now.. it's weird to look back there and think that in around 3 months, they'll both be occupied! For those of you wondering, most kids have moved out of their infant seats into a foward facing seat much earlier than this, but Micah just now weighs enough for the big switch :) He loves it, by the way.

Anyhoo, Miss Elizabeth is making her prescence known by pinching a nerve in my back repeatedly, settling herself near my ribcage which results in my having a hard time breathing, and even causing a little foot swelling already :P Really though, I don't mind :) It's not that bad and it's worth it every time I feel her moving around inside of me. She is particularly active after I eat apples or non-chocolate candies (aka, Spree ;-). As for development, she is starting to swallow amniotic fluid which helps her lungs to develop. At this point, if Elizabeth was born now, she would have about an 80% chance of survival! Of course, I do not want her born before 37 weeks at the earliest, but still it's nice to hit that point where survival outside the womb is possible :) Lizzie is the size of an eggplant now (13in, and 2 whole pounds)!


post signature

No comments: