Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sanity Restored

Have you ever had something that has just been bugging you more and more and you don't know how to make it go away? Well, I've had a smell in my kitchen the past three weeks that I just couldn't figure out. It smelled like meat does when you've thrown away scraps but it is still a couple of days until trash pickup.

I would catch a whiff of the unpleasant odor and start a frantic search for the source. The weird thing was that the smell wasn't coming from near the trash can, it wasn't coming from the fridge, and it wasn't coming from near the disposal.... in fact, it was the furthest corner of my kitchen away from all of those things. A couple of times every day I would go NUTS looking for the source.... and then yesterday, I found it.

I had used four beautiful pumpkins to decorate a high shelf in my kitchen.... and one of them had liquefied. EWWWWWWWWW!! Three of the pumpkins were in perfect shape and while the fourth looked more or less solid, it was so rotted that when I tried to pick it up, the stem came off in my hand. EWWWWWWWWWW! I decided to spare you guys any pictures in case any of you were eating when you read this. Needless to say, I saved the scraping of the pumpkin off the shelf and the subsequent de-grossifying of the shelf for Nate :P

Signature

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Ugh! Disgusting! Not quite the pumpkin spice smell you're looking for! :)

dad said...

No sissy is Nate Ezell.

Unknown said...

Nasty! I did that once with potatoes. And it brought on flies as well. It was the worst smell I have ever smelt!