Monday, November 02, 2009

25 Weeks


Today marks 25 weeks for Elizabeth and the beginning of me feeling really big :) I've officially hit that point where by the end of the day, I feel uncomfortably big and tight... if you've been pregnant, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about :) But also, I am far enough along now that I feel Lizzie moving around all of the time... I love that! It is so reassuring and cool to experience. Plus, she isn't yet big enough to wedge herself against my lungs so that I can hardly breathe... it's a cool stage to be in.
Anyhoo, at this point Elizabeth is more or less completely formed! She now has to fatten up and chill out for awhile while her respiratory and other systems mature enough for her to survive outside the womb..... hmmmm, I wonder if Houston babies have some special development to prepare them for the humidity :P Lizzie now has fully developed hearing and can hear my voice! She also starts to blink this week.
As of now, Elizabeth is the size of a rutabaga..... ummm, yeah, I also have no idea how big those are :) So for reference, that makes her around 12.75 inches and 1.7 ish pounds.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, rutabegas are like other vegetables and grow to all sizes:)
Gran