Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Even Amaze Myself ;-)

I hate to be boastful, but yesterday I did something amazing. I have to admit that as a stay at home mom, typically the only amazing thing I have the chance to do is keep my sanity on days when Micah is trying desperately to make me lose it, but yesterday was different....

I stood at the register at Target, my jaw dropping another inch every time one of my coupons worked....."Really??" I thought, "This is REALLY working??" I had done it. I had maximized my coupon potential and made a truly ridiculous purchase. Want to know what it was? I bought the UP blu-ray/DVD combo pack AND the Monsters Inc blu-ray/DVD combo pack for $17... TOTAL! That's right folks, these movies retail for $40 EACH and I got them for $8.50 each after tax, none the less... woo hoo!!

So now I know you are asking yourself, what sort of coupon prowess must Abby possess to accomplish such a feat? Well, actually I have Google prowess and just found out what other people were planning on doing and then I got lucky on top of that :) I checked out Target sales and found out that they had each movie on sale for $26.99 this week since they are new releases (Monsters is new to blu-ray). I then located a $8 off coupon for the Monsters Inc blu-ray pack from the Disney Movie Rewards website. Then I found a $10 off coupon for the UP blu-ray combo pack from the same site. I found out from savvy peeps online that Target had a coupon out for $10 off if you bought both blu-ray movies together.... score!! So I headed to Target and bought both movies spending only $27 after all of my awesome coupons.

But wait Abby... you said you spent $17 dollars! Oh yeah, the luck part :) I got home and saw that on the front of the Monsters Inc movie was a coupon for $10 off if you bought it with UP. Hmmmm, it was a manufacturer's coupon while the other $10 for buying both was a Target coupon... could I get so lucky? I took the coupon and my receipt back to Target, and sure enough, it was valid! Even with all the other coupons I had used! I walked out of Target with a smile on my face and a $10 refund in my pocket. So Anyways, I'll be watching UP reallllllly soon :)

post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, and would be even more so if I had any idea what the movies are about:?
Gran

Kelli said...

I am super impressed.... and question is blue ray all that better??

Abby said...

Ha, I have no idea! We don't have a blu Ray player. I got the combo packs cause that is what the coupons were for and I was able to get both blu Ray for the same price as just the UP DVD. I figure if blu Ray takes off, I'll want copies in that format too..... Think the death of VHS :p

Amy said...

Way to go! I'm kinda bummed because my printer rarely lets me print online coupons. I feel like I miss out on so many deals because of it. :(

Dustin said...

Okay, Abby, you have inspired me. So much so that I'll see your deal for $17 and raise you a "I got both for .99 cents!"

How you ask? I did what you did with the addition of getting them to price match Best Buy's $18.99 for Monster's Inc and then going to this link and printing out the $10 off a purchase of both blu-ray movies on page 3.
http://offers.e-centives.com/mcp/pd.cfm?encp=MTrig4hvM5TlzlqLdQjWFKmhH7FdpxWUFzse9bHhKBRE8n2wJmTgV4hJnkpxxiBuzoSblLBog57m%0D%0Amw4qNvuB3Ud%2FKonQUieHCxEq3qC1aftJD879tbPiRPgKIoTnHaJ1ul3vU50h3Ip0JaNH50hftdIo%0D%0AbCYwpAy8LMZAMshH7lEEo3pK6HkwBg%3D%3D#

Gotta loooooove the inter-webs! ;)

Anonymous said...

Up is one of the cutest movies I've seen a long time! I definitely want to buy it too. Maybe I'll see if I can use some of the same coupons!