Tuesday, April 06, 2010

I have lost my mind...

Well, at least that's how it feels :P I have an announcement to make.... I have decided to run the Disney World half marathon next January! Oh wait, did I put an exclamation mark there? What is the proper punctuation when what you just said kinda scares you? Anyhoo, I imagine I will be posting throughout training for the race and it may prove to be quite humorous depending on what kind of runner I end up being :)

This weekend I took the first step to becoming a runner.... I bought gear. My current tennis shoes were not made for running and they are so well loved that the sole is no longer fully attached :P I decided to head to Luke's Locker with my dad and get a professional to help me find the best shoes for me. He analyzed how I walked, looked at my foot and knew exactly what to pull. I tried on several shoes which all felt good but not 100% perfect. After nearly exhausting my options (for shoes that were the proper type for me), the salesperson declared that there was one more option. He pulled them for me... and they were perfect.... AND the most expensive ones I had tried on :P He hadn't pulled them earlier because he wanted to see if any of the cheaper ones worked first. So anyhoo, I have narrow feet with expensive tastes :) And now I have these~

Pray for me, I'm gonna need it :)
Signature

5 comments:

Diana said...

That's great, Abby! Good luck on your training!

Never Enough Food said...

So exciting!!!!

czstout said...

Running is in your blood lady! I'm sure your dad is a proud papa right now :) You can do it!!!

Amy said...

Awesome! And way to put the announcement out there on the blog! Notice I still have not :)

Anonymous said...

Brooks are the BEST running shoes!!!