Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spooning

I've never been a neat freak, but as a parent I have found it beneficial to avoid facilitating messes that I will then have to clean up. I have to confess though, I've been doing Micah a disservice... I've been trying to avoid messes and haven't let him learn things he needs to learn. Like using a spoon :) ~


He didn't exactly get it down, but he has the general idea! He kept holding the spoon straight up and down, dipping it in the yogurt and eating it off the end... the scooping action isn't quite there yet. I grabbed another spoon to show Micah how to hold it and scoop... Micah just saw a second spoon and decided he'd be able to get twice as much now!





I forgot to get a picture of the final product which involved Micah, his whole chair and my floor covered in yogurt :) I'm learning to let go, and I'll be a better mom for it.

Signature

5 comments:

Tree Hugging Attorney said...

At least you started slowly...with white yogurt rather than red jello. :)

czstout said...

This was a huge deal for me too! I hated having to clean our floors, child, table, and sometimes walls every night! Now Joey is getting better and we are down to just having to clean her and the table :) You can do it Abby!! It's worth the freedom you get during meal time, I promise!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! He's messy, but he looks so cute:)
Gran

Mom said...

I'm for the two spoons...it promotes ambidexterity...a skill I always wanted to have!

Amy said...

He and Evan can have yogurt eating parties... outside. Letting Evan use a spoon is a big struggle for me too.