Wednesday, March 02, 2011

I Heart My Book Club

....does that make me a nerd? Oh well, it's worth it :) We meet once a month to discuss a book that we've read and just to catch up. There are girls in there that I know from college and others that I met in the singles classes at First Baptist. I LOVE having a regular time to see them now and start to renew some great friendships that we had before we all got married. These are the books we have done so far-

~ The Jane Austen Book Club..... Not gonna lie, kinda hated this one. The book club was luke warm on it as well.
~ Water for Elephants.... Very good book! Great plot, characters, and history... it was a hit!
~ Frankenstein.... Despised, loathed, dreaded every page. We decided that this one is likely a classic more because it was a really original concept for a book and not because it was written well. Or maybe there are just a lot of literary masochists.
~ Little Women.... Such a great book. This one really is a classic.
~ Pride and Prejudice.... Do I even need to offer up a review of Austen? She is witty, fun, thoughtful and makes this book an absolute delight to read.
~ The Help.... Such a great book! It is all about black servants in Mississippi in the 60's and it is really eye opening without being preachy. I found it to be a really interesting read and so did the rest of the girls :)

Signature

2 comments:

dad said...

I love to read and discuss books with friends. I'm curently reading "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt" by Edmund Morris. Any Takers?

Diana said...

Me!!!