Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Zoo-be-zoo-be-zoo

While Nate's fam was in town, we all took a trip to the zoo. The weather was perfect and we had our personal photographer (My sis-in-law, Rayanna) with us to capture every moment :) We got to watch them bathe the elephants and then turn them loose into their enclosure where the baby immediately found a big mound of dirt and rolled around in it.... I feel that mama's pain.

It's so fun to have both kids be old enough to get something out of the zoo :)




Micah always finds a way to help out :)



And we reward him for it by giving him upside down time.... look how white that belly is!




If your kids misbehave, you can always threaten to feed them to the lions :)



Lizzie would like to present to you the inspiration for her outfit~



Micah makes the best faces :)



What can you do when you've been swallowed by a hippo?



ESCAPE!!



Micah ADORES petting zoos and always seems to find the least friendly animal so that he can follow it around and MAKE it love him :)



Micah is checking out the prairie dog and Lizzie is trying to bust out of there.



It was a great day with very few break downs, great weather and small crowds... I need to go back again before it gets unreasonably hot up in here.



Signature

7 comments:

Dad said...

I love the picture of Lizzie in her father's hat. Where's Nate's parents?

Abby said...

Ray took the pics, so dont blame me :)

Anonymous said...

Great Zoo pictures! Naturally, Miicah and Lizzie's reactions are the best part:)
Gran

Rayanna J. Lee said...

Ummmm, I do remember taking a couple of pictures of Miss Liz and her grandma... don't blame me if they didn't make the blog :D :D :D And Miss Liz also wanted nothing to do with her papa, so sad to say I don't think I got any of just the two of them :(

Dad said...

Lizzie can be a bit cyclic with her affections for me as well. Sorry Rick caught her on a down cycle this time around.

Unknown said...

I love that little dress Abby! Did you sew that? I need your skilz!

Abby said...

Haha, you're sweet Lynn, but I definitely didnt sew that one :)