Monday, March 07, 2011

I've Got it Covered

My Kindle, that is :) This weekend I threw together a cover for my Kindle and I have to say, I kinda love it. Well, with the exception of one little detail that irks me... but if I don't tell you what it is, maybe you won't notice ;-)


This was the first sewing project that I've done that wasn't even loosely based on a tutorial or pattern I found. And... it showed :P I made all sorts of mistakes on what order I did things and made it much harder on myself than it should have been. It was a..... learning experience. Now I know to sit down and think through ALL of the steps before I start :) I was a bit too eager to knock this one out I guess.. But I still like how it turned out!


Signature

4 comments:

Dad said...

Cool beans!

Kelli said...

Awesome!

I know what you mean. My mom said she always writes out ALL the steps. She said I get too excited and eager and don't think through everything! Ha!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed...I always had to have a pattern; it looks good, too!
Gran

Andrea said...

I love the fabric on the outside cover. It is actually one of the fabrics I used in Dayton's room!