Monday, January 22, 2007

Love and Basketball


Or rather, love of basketball :) This weekend I went to College Station with my hubby and met up with my brother, sister-in-law and niece to go watch some Fightin' Texas Aggie basketball..... I have forgotten how much I ADORE live basketball! When they announced our team as "your, 8th ranked Fightin' Texaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas Aggies!" I got goosebumps, goosebumps I say. My brother had a similar reaction. It's so amazing to have a good b-ball team! Just hearing them say 8th ranked produced emotional reactions in my brother and me. They were just on their way up my junior and senior year (up from winning 0 big 12 games the years before, don't cha know) and now they're there baby!!

Anyway, the Ags beat the hell outta Oklahoma State and I got to say... it felt pretty stinkin good :) Bring on March Madness... I've got full cable and I intend to use it!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh. :) and GIG EM AGGIES!!!

Ulovebeth said...

This comment might not be received well, but basketball is more exciting than football.
And UK is the best team and has been consistently for many decades. They're in the SEC, so if the Aggies are able to make it to March Madness, they need to work on their press and defense. Or just say lots of prayers. :)

Anonymous said...

A side note... the Ags are now number 6 in the nation and Kentucky is... oh wait, they're no longer in the top 25. That must be rough :P

Ulovebeth said...

Well, history will tell us the story.
Kentucky, NCAA Division I Champs for: 1948,49,51,58,78,96,98.
I couldn't find A&M on the list.
Maybe the window will finally open up for them.

Anonymous said...

A couple of points-

1)you started this smack
2)I admitted that we've never had a good team before and just said that I was proud that we do now
3)UK is closing in on a decade of no titles
4)I have no belief that A&M will win the whole thing, I'm just excited to watch them play in the tournament
5)And finally... 7 titles doesn't help them this year :P

p.s.- I take my team personally... I don't talk smack unless someone talks it to me but if you get down on my team it will annoy me and I will defend them til I die

Ulovebeth said...

Well, our cheerleaders will definitely always be better. :)
Does A&M have real cheerleaders for basketball?