Wednesday, January 17, 2007

When did I get old?

I got an incredibly flattering email today in which my supervisor asked if I would like to be in charge of putting together a Co-op program at our office for A&M undergrads and asking me to pick who I wanted to work with on this. I am SO EXCITED about being able to do this. It will likely be a lot of work but I am looking forward to it. As I stopped to think about it though, I thought "When did I get old?". I mean, it was only a few years ago that I was debating whether to go for a Co-op myself. It was only 2 years ago that I was interviewing for my job and now I'll be conducting interviews as well as leading them through their training and work assignments for a year and a half.

Anyhoo, be praying for me as I take on this very exciting, very challenging new venture...it's gonna be a fun ride :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's always fun to be acknowledged and to get new challenges at work. Don't waste a lot of mental energy on that "when did I get old" question; it'll still seem odd 26 years from now.

erin vanv said...

Don't think.. when did I get so old?

Think, when did I become such an absolutely successful engineer? :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha, touche (imagine the accent mark since I can't add it here :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic...you're obviously a successful engineer and valued... I'm proud of you! I believe the "old" is a bit premature!