Monday, January 29, 2007

The world revolves around ___?___

Nate and I went to SA this weekend to be there for Elena's 1st birthday party and just to hang out with Ben and Amy. An interesting thing happened, people started showing up for her party... people I knew... and I just felt like something was wrong. I turned to look at Nate and he seemed to be thinking that same thing. All of the sudden it hit me, this was the first party we had been at since the wedding...this was the first time in 6 months that we were not the center of attention. I asked Nate, "Does it feel weird to you that people aren't focusing on us?" a look of realization passed over his face as he said, "Yeah, I knew something was different!" Weddings are fun, but it's kinda nice when the spotlight passes on to someone else... not that we could ever compete with Elena in that category anyway :)

No comments: