Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Early Bird

Some of my more long term blog readers will remember the girl in my office who started getting here earlier and earlier to try to beat me in. Well, she had finally given up and now (insert best movie trailer voice here) She's back!! She is taking a course to prepare her for a certification exam every Friday and so she got permission to come in at 6 in order to make up the hours by the end of the week. I'm fine with it, and I'm certainly not going to race her here for the next 6 weeks :)
But yesterday was the first day she came in early and guess what? She took MY spot!! Ohhh baby, that's not ok. As a friend in my office said, "You have a spot??". Ok, so it isn't actually my spot, but the people who get here as early as I do all have places where they park regularly. Anyhoo, so I have to park in a different space when I get here and then when I sit down to try to get my morning started, she wants to talk. Ummmm, I come here at 6:15 so that I can sit in utter silence for almost an hour before I'm expected to interact socially with anyone. Believe me, it's better for all of us this way.
Two positive things- (this shows how childish I am :) She got here late today (I almost beat her in) and today she took truck guy's spot and left mine as it should be... open... for me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also find it really annoying when people want to have social hour with me first thing in the morning. Like you, I like to come in early for some very specific reasons. This is my time to get things done and organize my day, "Good morning; now go away." (nothing personal)

Abby said...

Ah, I knew I got it from somewhere :)