Saturday, September 22, 2007

All Ye Faithful

Anybody who is checking my blog on a Saturday and is familiar with it will be surprised by this weekend post. It is the result of an urgent prayer request that I have. If you are reading this anytime before Tuesday, please pray for my work decision coming up. I called my manager's manager yesterday after work and told him that I can't work with my manager anymore and that he should expect that there is a good possibility of me turning in my two weeks notice this monday. He totally understood as my manager has alienated almost every person in the office and they were worried about me leaving for him.

Anyhoo, my manager's manager called me back last night and they offered me a transfer to our other Houston office effective next week if I stay. Now I don't know what to do. Our other houston office is lacking in some things like personality and I am not sure that I won't end up getting pulled back into doing work with my current manager. I am praying about it, but I would love to know that some of my readers are also praying for this decision. I figure the more people are lifting it up, the better. At this point my decision is between taking the new office position or just quitting and looking for a position elsewhere. I do have several leads on jobs at different companies, so I'm up for anything :) I appreciate your prayers while I make one of the biggest professional decisions of my life so far. Pray that I will feel God's guidance and truly be able to discern which direction he would have me go. Thanks guys :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

praying!

Anonymous said...

As you know, we are too!

Jen said...

A late weekend blog check... I'll be praying!

Anonymous said...

Me, too.......

Anonymous said...

As one blog lurker to another, it would be my pleasure to pray for you.

Sarah D said...

I understand your situation completely (I'm debating job/career changes myself), and will be happy to pray for you. :-)

Tabaitha said...

hey girl, so how did it go on monday?