Friday, September 21, 2007

Deprive and Thrive

This is my first step to becoming a more healthy eater.... deprive and thrive. I'm not talking anorexia here, I'm talking about the fact that for the first time in my life, I am stopping to think about my food choices before I throw them down. Yesterday, for instance, the vending machine at work was calling my name and I resisted. I also thought very seriously on about 10 different occasions about eating one of the fun size candy bars in my desk.... but I resisted. I finally understand why, when we were kids, my mom didn't really want us to buy her candy. I thought she didn't like it, when it reality she just didn't want to end up eating it all. The highlight of my work experience yesterday? My Dannon all Naturals peach yogurt. MMMMMMMM, I need to buy me some more of those. Oh, and carrots.. I've been craving them and they are harmless so they'd make good snacks.

Now this is just phase I. Phase II involves being more careful at dinner time..... I'm not sure I'm going to like phase II. I have a strange feeling that Phase II may require me to give up Chuy's (THE HORROR!!!) and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. For now though I have managed to reign my snacks in as well as my evening desserts and while I haven't seen a weight difference, I feel better and have more energy. Anyhoo, just thought I'd share.... I need to go buy more yogurt :)

1 comment:

Ulovebeth said...

Abby. I'm so glad that you're coming over to the green side where Darth Vegger rules. Baby steps. :)
I try to eat an apple everyday because they're high in fiber and fill you up.
Remember: avoid anything that says "partially hydrogenated...oils" I read what really happens when you eat that stuff, and it basically can even change the structure of your brain cells. It's scary. And I ate it blindly for years. Now I still eat it sometimes. Guess the awareness helps in some way.
Dance like David. Eat like Daniel.
Trust me. Your 30s will thank you.