Friday, September 28, 2007

And your commute shall increase, 7 fold

What the message sign on 45 just north of 610 normally says when I drive past it on the way to work~

"Travel Time to Beltway 8, 8 min at 5:55"

What it said this morning~

"Travel Time to Beltway 8, 57 min at 5:55"

Fear not, I still made the trip in my normal 7.5 minutes, but I did have a little mini heart attack when I saw the sign :)

Interesting side note~ When asked during my interview yesterday why I was leaving, I was telling this guy about a new manager who had taken over and how it had just gotten really bad, and guess what? He says "I think I know who you are talking about." "Really?" I say. He says "Yeah, if I'm right then he used to work for me. Is his name _____?" to which I astoundedly (I think I made up that word) said "Yeah, that's him!". The guy interviewing me smiled and said "I definitely understand why you are leaving then." Wow, it always amazes me how people get such strong reputations in my industry.

Anyhoo, quick update~ I have an offer from the company I interviewed with Wednesday (an offer I am VERY VERY happy with :) and the interview yesterday went very well also. I have one more informal interview with a third firm next wednesday so I will keep you apprised of anything that happens with that!

No comments: