Monday, June 29, 2009

7 weeks

Today marks the official beginning of my 7th week of pregnancy! I'm not taking belly pics yet cause there just isn't anything to see :P I haven't been feeling too hot so far (I couldn't make it to church yesterday due to nausea and just being stinkin exhausted) Everyone wants a comparison to last time and I'm afraid I don't know yet.... I'm definitely sick earlier in the pregnancy than I was last time. Anyhoo.... the baby :)

What is happening with your baby? At this point every essential organ has begun to form in the embryo's tiny body. The hair follicles are forming, and the eyelids and tongue have begun formation. The elbows and toes are more visible as the trunk begins to straighten out.

The baby is currently the size of a blueberry.... I love that I'm back to the food comparisons for how big my kid is....they just don't do that when you go to the pediatrician :P ("Your child is currently the size of an average wheel of cheese....."


post signature

3 comments:

dad said...

I like the food sizing standard for kids. Too bad the doctors don't stick to it when they come out.

Ben said...

Current food sizing for your kiddo and mine are as follows: Micah is currently the size of a giant watermelon, Evan is comparable to an adolescent whole roasted pig, and Elena is about the size of a party sub with chips on the side.

Laura Moore said...

Abby! I didn't know the news! I'm guessing you knew at the wedding!? I'm sad I didn't know to congratulate you properly...congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you and Nate!