Thursday, June 18, 2009

Attempt # 1

Kelli and I decided to take a cake decorating class together this month and this week was our first class where we decorated a cake (the first class is an intro). I made a cake for my mom's birthday and I was pretty happy with how it turned out..... see for yourself!~




I still have a lot of work I need to do on just learning how to ice the cake completely smooth, not to mention working on my decorating techniques :P Still, not a bad start :)

post signature

8 comments:

Amy said...

Oh that is gorgeous!

Mom said...

And it tasted great, too!

Kristen said...

Where are you taking these classes?

Kelli said...

Such a beautiful cake!

Abby said...

Thanks all! Kristen, I am taking them at Michaels on Grand Parkway. They were 40% off in June... $22 for 4 weeks! Next month, the Hobby Lobby on Grand Parkway and Fry has 50% off of their Wilton classes... it's good stuff!

Sabrina Bowen said...

Looks great!! What a good idea! Just in time for your sons upcoming birthday! ;) I'm hoping to learn to make one before my daughter's first in July! We shall see!

Unknown said...

So fun! Looks great too!

Jana said...

Yay for cake decorating! You did such a great job!