Thursday, May 06, 2010

Why am I doing this?

I ran again yesterday. Gotta say, I pretty much HATE running (sorry Dad :P). Of course, the 90 degree temps and my still woefully out of shape body may have contributed to my hatred. Anyhoo, I shaved 4 minutes off my 1.2 mile lap time from my first attempt (thank you 30 day shred :) and only had about 10 thoughts about giving up and not running the half marathon in January. I ran about 2/3 of the lap with an initial half mile stretch that I ran before walking at all. Sounds pitiful, BUT it was only attempt number two and it was way better than my last try :)

Signature

3 comments:

Dad said...

With all due respect kiddo, you don't know how you feel about running at the moment because you haven't really started doing it yet. A lot of things worth pursuing aren't very rewarding when they're new to you and you are lacking basic skills, understanding, and (in this case) conditioning. Give it a few months (especially since you're trying to pick this up at the start of Houston Summer).

Abby said...

Pretty sure I acknowledged all that in the post

Tabaitha said...

I liked your Dad's insight about running. I have never thought about it that way before. What do you think of the 30 Day Shred? I'm almost done with my challenge and I have really enjoyed it.