Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Yes Sir, That's My Baby (Mama :)

For those of you not in the loop (which may be quite a few :) Two weeks ago, my mom was diagnosed with uterine cancer. God worked a miracle in the form of cancellations to allow for three different doctors to all be available for surgery on the same day only 8 days after my mom's diagnosis (seriously, it was SO fast and very crazy to watch!). She had her surgery last Thursday and they think they got rid of all the cancer! It has been such a roller coaster ride, but we feel very blessed. Anyhoo, that's the background info you need for this story to make sense :)

I was going to visit my mom in the hospital on Friday and I called my dad and asked for the room number~

Dad- "312"
Abby- "What? Ummm, that's the maternity floor...."
Dad- "Yup"

Ok... that's weird. Apparently they ran out of space on the 7th floor and decided to put her in a recovery room in the postpartum wing. I went up to see her and it was the weirdest thing! I mean, I recovered from Micah's birth in the room next door to where she was! She was only 5 doors down from the room I had with Lizzie. Anyways, a bit of a weird experience.

I did enjoy walking down the hall with her though... it's fun to watch strangers try to figure out whether or not my mom just had a baby :)

Signature

1 comment:

czstout said...

OH wow, I had no idea! I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for Susan! Keep us updated Abby!