Thursday, May 11, 2006

Confused Bugs


The first month I was in my apartment last year, I came home everyday to find 2-3 more June bugs (mostly dead) inside the apt. I got used to it, but I can't say I was sorry to see that season go away. Well, I walk in my apartment yesterday and I find myself facing 2 dead June bugs and one very alive, very active June bug. After I did battle with that one, I began to dread the coming weeks. Someone needs to tell these bugs that it is May NOT June. As it is, I will arm myself with a can of Raid and my quick, cat-like reflexes that I may defeat any June bug that dares cross my path. Be afraid little bugs, be very afraid.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sadness, I love junebugs. They are so friendly... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, they're tons of fun until they dive bomb you while you're reading in bed. That happened last year... it about gave me a heart attack :)

kelly said...

I once had a cockroach fly right towards my head while I was reading in bed - eww!

Anonymous said...

I would agree with Steph on the friendly point...

if friendly means flying in somone's face or making an extremely annoying buzzing sound

Anonymous said...

fortunes!!
more pei wei fortunes... i hereby bestow these on abby ;)

"it is proper to speak the truth"
"you will do well to expand your horizons"
"you will run into an old friend soon" :)

and my favorite...
"step by step you will ascend the staircase to success"

Nan said...

Hi! I'm a friend of Erin's up here in Canada. Two things:
#1 I remember all the bugs that I did battle with when we lived in Texas. I would wake up every morning and kill roaches and my husband would affectionately mock the foolery of trying to control the roach population in Texas. Well, I thought as many as I can take out of the reproduction realm, I'm going to!!
#2 Are you related to an Anna Elkins? My husband's parents knew an Anna Elkins (either in Dallas or Houston). It can be a small world... so I had to ask!
Nan
www.writer-mom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Haha, Emily.... that's awesome!!